Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Setting Up Adobe Creative Cloud Backup

As an editor, I'm always looking for new ways to make sure I have my precious work backed up. Just the thought of losing a project I've spent hours working on is nauseating. Recently, I came across the Adobe Creative Cloud Backup feature in Premiere Pro. By no means should this replace your hard drive backup, but it's a nice tool to use in conjunction with it. 

The Adobe Creative Cloud Backup Tool allows you to save a duplicate version of your project to your creative cloud account, thus making your project accessible anywhere you are. You can feel safe knowing you will always have access to a backup of your project. I have outlined the 3 easy steps below. 

1. Click on "Premiere Pro" in your file menu. 


2. Select "Preferences" from the drop down menu. Then, click on the "Auto Save" option. 


3. Check the box next to "Save backup project to Creative Cloud". Then select "OK". Note: Make sure "Automatically save projects" is checked and saving every 5 minutes. I also recommend setting your "Maximum Project Versions" to at least 50. 


Now you can continue working on your project worry-free because you'll have at least 2 backups! 


What are some recent discoveries you've identified in the latest Adobe release? I would love to hear about them, so comment below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment